How do you play Steam games on the Meta Quest 3? Steam is beloved by PC gamers across the globe for providing some incredible titles, in addition to a whole lot of discounts every week. This is identical for PCVR titles on Valve’s storefront too.
Considering the best VR games on PC list is far larger than that of the Quest 3 store’s offering, when you own a gaming PC, you could as well make the most of many PCVR titles. And considering how amazing the brand new VR headset from Meta is (which we discuss in our Meta Quest 3 review), you’ll need to know learn how to start playing PCVR games in your Quest.
How to play Steam games on Meta Quest 3
There are two options for enjoying Steam games on the Meta Quest 3, those being wired or via Air Link. You’ll have to install the Oculus software from the Meta website to make the most of each methods, and each have their very own strengths and weaknesses, depending in your setup and what you own.
Here’s learn how to play Steam games on Meta Quest 3:
- Install the Oculus software, and log in along with your account
- Head to the devices option on the Oculus software
- Select “add headset”, then select the Quest 3
- Choose the Link Cable / Air Link option
- Put in your headset, then go to the settings menu
- Go to System within the settings, then select Quest Link
- Select Launch Quest Link
- If doing Air Link, toggle on the Air Link option.
- If connected properly, select your PC from the list
- For Air Link users, be sure that to ascertain the pairing code is correct between Oculus and your Quest 3 headset
- Once loaded into Quest Link, select the monitor icon from the choice and select your monitor
- When the desktop loads, open Steam and play SteamVR
After this, you’ll be booted into SteamVR’s virtual world, allowing you to pick out out of your library of SteamVR games.
This quick video tutorial from ‘Swiftness’ gives you a fast rundown on learn how to do it, when you need some additional help:
Unfortunately, for those wanting a wired experience, you’ll need a protracted wire with a USB-C connection to have the opportunity to play Steam games on Quest 3 with a wired connection. We recommend at the very least 10ft, allowing you to have enough wire to maneuver around freely, and hopefully not get coiled up by it. It’s lots easier than the old-style VR headsets with huge wires and tracking bases, but it could actually be annoying when you’re used to twiddling with the Quest 3 as a standalone device.
As for Air Link, your web connection and router matters essentially the most. For the most effective (and least jarring) experience, you’ll must be connected to WiFi via a 5 GHz band, and preferably have a WiFi 6 or WiFi 6e router.
At least now, you may make the most of some more significant discounts and different games in comparison with the Oculus storefront. However, we do recommend still purchasing some games on the Oculus store, as you could get each the PC and Quest 3 versions of the sport, at no extra cost.
That’s learn how to play Steam games on the Meta Quest 3. However, there are plenty of fantastic titles that you would be able to play without the necessity for a PC in our greatest Meta Quest 3 games list. Alternatively, you may at all times try the most effective free Meta Quest 3 games when you don’t wish to spend an excessive amount of money.