Dark and Darker had one of the vital surprising releases this yr, nevertheless it was much to the delight of excited fans. Following the dark fantasy RPG’s launch, Ironmace Games has frequently released hotfix updates to patch the sport, add features, and ensure a smooth player experience. The latest update is here, and it includes quite a lot of fixes, class changes, and recent gameplay features. Bard players may also notice that the patch brings much more nerfs to the ranged class.
The recent Dark and Darker hotfix, update 17, does indeed nerf Bard, changing its skills and skills’ costs, durations, and speed. The ranged class has been subject to multiple nerfs from the RPG game‘s developer in order to assist balance player damage out higher. Prior to the most recent changes, Ironmace says that Bard was “over-represented.” The class’ balance adjustments aren’t the one tweaks coming, though.
The developer’s post further explains what to anticipate with the update. Ironmace says it’s “fairly satisfied with the improved loot drops in incentivizing players to enter the dungeons.” However, the team thinks that “there was an excessive amount of treasure” given by the chests, “leading to excessive gold within the economy without enough money sinks inbuilt yet.” To combat this, the developer has “reduced the drop rate of treasure and trinkets from the chests.”
The dev goes on to say that the studio has also decided to “test out two large experimental changes.” Ironmace is releasing a “temporary leaderboard system” that ought to be “less grindy” than its predecessors. In turn, the dev wants to gather data to assist construct its “real” upcoming ranked system that’s “planned for the following big patch.” Ironmace can also be experimenting with Dark and Darker’s “first gear-based matchmaking pool,” and implementing a brief gear cap to normal dungeons.
The studio states that it’s “well aware” of possible flaws which will include these adjustments, but is “curious about collecting this data.” Aside from recent Bard nerfs, experimental features, and drop rate changes, the developer has also addressed quite a lot of common issues. You can check below for our highlights from the official patch notes.
Dark and Darker patch notes – Hotfix update – Friday, October 13, 2023
You can find the patch notes on the official Dark and Darker Discord server, courtesy of Ironmace Games, in addition to the developer’s full accompanying message regarding the brand new experimental features and changes to treasure drops.
- Fixed a problem that might end in a crash when moving gold coins between gold coin containers.
- Fixed a problem where postprocessing effects weren’t applied when using the Hide Mastery perk.
- Fixed a problem where buffs wouldn’t be overwritten properly when a Bard plays the identical song.
- Fixed a problem where spells would sometimes not solid properly even when casting was accomplished appropriately.
- Fixed a problem where VFX was displayed abnormally large when applied to a Cockatrice.
Class and gameplay changes
- Bard’s Aria of Alacrity’s Action Speed reduced from 8/14/20% → 4/6/8%
- Bard’s Aria of Alacrity duration adjusted to 30/60/120 seconds based on the Bard’s default Persuasion of 20.
- Bard’s Ballad of Courage duration adjusted to 30/60/120 seconds based on the Bard’s default Persuasion of 20.
- Bard’s Beat of Alacrity duration adjusted to 30/60/120 seconds based on the Bard’s default Persuasion of 20.
- Bard’s Beat of Alacrity’s Additional Move Speed reduced from 5/10/15 → 5/7/9
- Bard’s Harmonic Shield duration adjusted to 30/60/120 seconds based on the Bard’s default Persuasion of 20.
- Bard’s Harmonic Shield Cost increased from 4 → 5.
- Bard’s Unchained Harmony Cost increased from 3 → 5.
- The gold coin container rarity grade has been adjusted to ‘unique’ grade.
- Longbow’s projectile Speed has been reduced from 3500 → 3250, The Hitslow movement penalty from -35% → -30%, and the hit slow duration from 1.5s → 1s.
- Recurve Bow’s hit slow movement penalty modified from -25% → -20%.
- Higher-grade Pickaxes give more regular interaction speed.
- The drum’s projectile speed modified from 1300 → 1000.
- The trajectory of the drum when thrown has been barely modified.
- Damage from Dark Swarm not reduces the Recoverable Health.
- Slightly lowered the drop rate for Trinkets and Treasures from Chests.
- Very barely lowered the drop rates for Armor and Weapons from the high-grade chests (Ornate, Lion’s Head, Golden, Marvelous).
- For testing purposes, you may now only enter ‘Normal’ Dungeons with Rare grade items or lower. Higher-grade items present in the dungeon will be used during that session.
- Players now must play 20 games in a High Roller dungeon to be listed on the leaderboard for that specific dungeon.
- Leaderboards now show a median rating for every category that is predicated on the variety of times you entered that specific HR dungeon.
- One failed match session will likely be added to the common rating for anyone ranked in the highest 100 at the tip of every day, so top-ranked players cannot simply sit on their rankings.
- Adventure points for HR high-grade chests. (Ornate, Lion’s Head, Golden, Marvelous) has been increased significantly.
- Adventure points for Goblins and the Skeleton Axeman, Speaman, and Crossbowman have been barely increased.
- Adventure points for the Sub Boss monsters have been increased.
- Adventure points for killing one other player have been barely decreased.
- With the completion of the patch, a recent leaderboard season begins.
If you’re a Bard player and also you’re curious about seeing what else you might prefer to play following the brand new update, you should definitely flick thru our in-depth guide on the entire Dark and Darker classes. Alternatively, you may go searching a couple of of our other favorite fantasy games when you want something fresh to play.