Figs, commonly often called anjeer in India, are a wonderful source of nutrients. These green fruits, when cut open, have pink flesh and diverse seeds the dimensions of a mustard seed.
In addition, anjeers have a sweet taste and are quite low in calories, which makes them an excellent snack for people seeking to reduce weight. This superfood may be eaten fresh or dried and is an amazing addition to your eating regimen.
Anjeer Nutritional Values
Understanding the dietary value of figs before incorporating them into your lifestyle is important. For an summary, you possibly can confer with the next values.
According to USDA100 grams of dried and uncooked figs contain the next nutrients:
- Water: 30g
- Energy: 249 kcal
- Protein: 3.3g
- Fat: 0.93 g
- Carbohydrates: 63.9g
- Fiber: 9.8g
- Vitamin C: 1.2mg
Anjeers are fat-free, cholesterol-free and wealthy in proteins, fiber, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants.
This combination, which reduces appetite and keeps you feeling full for longer, makes anjeer extremely helpful for weight reduction. Figs are also a logo of longevity as they might help prevent many diseases.
Read more: Figs: Benefits, Nutrition, Uses and Recipes
Is Anjeer (figs) good for weight reduction?
Figs have been shown to have the next advantages on the subject of weight reduction:
It satisfies sweet desires
If you might be on a slimming eating regimen and still crave something sweet, you possibly can safely take pleasure in a totally ripe or well-dried fig.
It will provide the essential sweet flavor you have to curb the craving for dessert studies suggest that a low-fat, low-calorie eating regimen is one of the crucial effective ways to reduce weight.
The fiber content ensures a sense of satiety for longer
Since figs are high in fiber, eating them can provide help to feel fuller for longer and reduce the urge to snack between meals. May be helpful for maintaining a healthy weight.
Epidemiological tests showed that increased dietary fiber intake is related to lower body weight. This is as a consequence of the increased feeling of satiety and reduced energy intake.
Plus, it might probably help keep you energized throughout the day, reduce fatigue, and keep carbohydrate and food intake to a minimum.
Rich in antioxidants
AND research discovered that fresh and dried figs are wealthy in phytochemicals. Phytochemicals reminiscent of phenolic acids and flavonoids are powerful antioxidants.
Read more: Foods wealthy in antioxidants – advantages, types and precautions
These phytonutrients might help an individual maintain good health, including aiding in weight reduction. In addition, fiber lowers cholesterol and improves intestinal peristalsis. All of this results in a healthier life.
Keeps you energetic despite the low calorie content
Although figs are stuffed with nutrients, they’re low in calories. As the dietary data suggests, figs contain only a few calories, even lower than other fruits. Therefore, you possibly can enjoy this fruit of longevity without remorse!
Ways to eat Anjeer (figs) for weight reduction
Raw consumption of fresh figs
If you are in search of a sweet treat, try a totally ripe fig. It shall be larger than unripe, with a touch of brown and purple. You haven’t got to peel the skin or worry in regards to the seeds – just eat them whole and luxuriate in the taste!
Consumption of cooked figs
Anjeer may be eaten raw, as a ripe fruit, or baked, roasted, grilled, caramelized or stewed and enjoyed crunchy.
- To do that, start by cleansing the figs and drying them with a paper towel.
- Then cut them vertically in half, ranging from the stem to the flowering end.
- Then add the sliced figs, some honey and a slice of lemon to the dish.
- Then put them within the oven preheated to 200 degrees for quarter-hour or bake on medium heat for 20 minutes.
- You can enjoy these baked figs hot or store them within the freezer.
- This process involves stuffing the figs. So you have to cut the fig on 4 sides in order that its insides are exposed, not completely cut through.
- Later, in a separate pan, add some butter and calmly heat these figs.
- On the opposite hand, take one other pan and put butter in it. Then add some cinnamon, honey and any fruit juice.
- Now add the butter, honey and juice solution to the figs and put them within the oven for 10 minutes at 190 degrees Celsius.
- Finally, after they have cooled down, smear them with a bit of yoghurt as they cool down and luxuriate in them.
- Get some fresh to mid-ripe figs.
- Then put the cleaned, dried figs on the grill pan and grill them covered until they turn into golden.
- Turn them on each side until the fig is soft and tender.
- Finally, enjoy these fruits with any healthy sauce or plain.
- Take a non-stick pan and warmth some butter.
- Then add some honey and vanilla and blend for two minutes.
- Then add the diced figs and cook for some time until they soften.
- Then add dried fruit reminiscent of hazelnut or badam and sauté it.
- Finally, serve this dish with yogurt.
To bite right into a tasty dried anjeer, you need to use the next method:
- Drying under the sun:
- Start by washing the anjeers thoroughly under water, preferably cold.
- Then dry them with a cloth, tissue or paper towel, whichever is obtainable.
- Then cut it in half vertically, from the stem to the flower end of the fruit.
- Then place the prepared slices on a clean tray. Then cover the tray with a skinny, soft cotton cloth or baking paper.
- Finally, let the tray crammed with Anjeer patches dry within the sun by placing it in a sunny spot. Then, after sunset, bring the tray inside.
- Repeat this process for at the very least 5-6 days. Nevertheless, the drying time varies depending on the climatic conditions of the environment.
- When the slices are properly dried and crunchy to the touch, they may be stored in airtight containers.
- Later, you possibly can store these containers within the refrigerator or at room temperature.
Your health needs to be your primary priority. To maintain a healthy lifestyle, you’ve gotten to make sacrifices, especially within the face of obesity, a world problem. Eating fewer calories and carbs is an amazing strategy to reduce weight and stay in shape.
Figs have unique dietary properties and offer many health advantages, so eating them is an amazing strategy to control weight and reduce belly fat.
HealthifyMe provides the right opportunity for anyone seeking to reduce weight.
Experienced dietitians can create a person plan for you based in your health condition and supply dietary tricks to help make your journey to a healthier weight successful. The HealthifyMe app gives you access to a wide range of healthy recipes including amla juice.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. How much Anjeer to eat per day to reduce weight?
A. Anjeer or figs are an amazing weight reduction snack. Consuming a small handful (about 5-6 pieces) of anjeer a day might help reduce appetite and keep you feeling full throughout the day. Eating anjeer each day might help control hunger, boost metabolism, and promote weight reduction.
Q. Do figs burn belly fat?
A. Figs are a healthy snack that might help with weight reduction, including abdominal fat loss. They contain a considerable amount of dietary fiber, which helps reduce appetite and keeps you feeling full for longer. Additionally, the natural sweetness of figs might help satisfy sugar cravings and reduce overall calorie intake. This can ultimately result in a discount in belly fat. Figs are also wealthy in antioxidants, which might help reduce inflammation and improve digestion, contributing to belly fat loss.
Q. What is the very best time to eat Anjeer?
A. The best time to eat anjeer for weight reduction is within the morning, before breakfast. Eating anjeer within the morning might help regulate blood sugar levels, which might help prevent cravings through the day and reduce the danger of overeating. In addition, anjeer is high in dietary fiber and might help keep you feeling full for longer, which might help suppress your appetite.
Q. What are the disadvantages of Anjeer?
A. Anjeer eases digestion and helps constipation with fewer laxatives. However, when consumed each day in excess, diarrhea or loose stools may occur. In addition, excessive consumption of this fruit can result in problems with the liver and intestines in the long term.
Q. Does Anjeer contain a whole lot of sugar?
A. Compared to fresh Anjeers, dried ones have a rather higher sugar content. Although individuals with diabetes may complain because they’re easy to digest. However, it’s best to eat dried or fresh anjeer while monitoring your sugar levels. Fortunately, with HealthifyMe pro 2.0, you possibly can control the sugar levels in your food.
Q. Do figs have uncomfortable side effects?
A. Like other foods, figs even have some uncomfortable side effects, especially when consumed in large quantities. Excessive consumption of this fruit may cause diarrhea, loose stools, and blood thinning because it increases hemoglobin. Also anjeer may cause rhinitis, anaphylactic shock or conjunctivitis as a consequence of its chemical composition.