Advertising campaigns and promotion of all the company are built across the name of a brand, services or products. You might be recognized and remembered by her. It is very important not only to provide you with a giant name, but additionally to take into consideration how it’ll be utilized in marketing and communication. Therefore, naming is one in every of the important thing processes when establishing a business.
Successful names cause a full of life response from the audience. Do you remember what emotions accompany you if you mention the name Bounty? You don’t even have to specify that we’re talking about chocolate, because you’ve got already considered “heavenly delight” and a fragile coconut flavor. And at the identical time, you remembered the positive image of the brand that you just created earlier.
General brand name requirements
A straightforward strategy to judge the correctness of a selection a name for the corporate or trademark consists in an independent verification of the nomenclature for compliance with the next requirements:
- Simplicity — the name of the corporate needs to be easy and simple to pronounce, otherwise it’ll be difficult to recollect and can irritate the buyer.
- Memorizing — the name needs to be easy to recollect and never evoke associations with the names of other firms.
- Euphony — the name of the brand mustn’t hurt the ear, and likewise contain words that don’t go together.
- Uniqueness – The chosen name mustn’t be the identical because the name of the competition. If you get carried away with trendy prefixes that characterize a product category, you risk losing your individuality.
Ways to provide you with an organization name
Are a couple of ways of naming that could make this process much easier for non-professionals:
- some acronym is an abbreviation formed from the primary letters, parts of words or phrases, pronounced as a single word, not in letters. Known acronyms are the name of the musical group “ABBA”, formed from the primary letters of the names of its members: Agnetha, Björn, Benny, Anni-Frid.
- Alliteration. The name of the shop could also be based on alliteration – rhythmic repetitions of equivalent and homogeneous consonants. As an example, we are able to cite such famous brands as “Chupa-Chups”, “KitKat” bars, “Tic-Tac” refreshing sweets, “Kitekat” pet food.
- The name generator is a web based resource that lets you mechanically generate name variants, bearing in mind the direction of the corporate’s activity, uniqueness, variety of words and letters, and other parameters. For example, Turbologo’s free online generator will create dozens of name variants based on one or two keywords. You can proceed the method indefinitely until you discover an option that suits you.
- onomatopoeia. This is one other technique utilized in naming products and corporations. In this case, the idea of the name are all sounds made by animals, cars, people, etc. Examples include Schwepps – carbonated carbonated drink, Twitter – a social networking site (the name reflects the sound of birds singing).
- name it in honor of geographical features (cities, rivers, mountains). For example, probably the most common company names from this method are: Adobe (Software) – Named after the small river Adobe Creek flowing in California; Fuji (photography industry) – Named after the volcano Fujiyama (Fuji), situated on the Japanese island of Honshu
- The secret meaning. An intriguing name at all times attracts the eye of each potential consumers and competitors. So making it a puzzle is a superb idea. For example, the name of the corporate Daewoo is translated from Korean as “great universe.”
Choosing the correct name could make a difference to your organization’s success – each in communication with customers and in business matters. To create a creative name, start with an intensive brand evaluation, activate your imagination and do not be afraid to experiment with different methods.